Whether you send your specimens to an outside lab, read your own slides, or have an in-house dermatopathology lab, you'll want to attend this webinar! We'll cover everything from the basics of pathology coding, to the common problems and pitfalls that plague most dermatology practices that bill for pathology. Make sure you are coding correctly and submitting claims accurately to get paid and stay compliant. We'll also explain the differences between billing to Medicare and billing to commercial carriers. Attendees will have much clearer understanding on the right way to handle pathology billing in the derm practice! And we'll give you solutions to those pesky pathology denials!
Click here for Webinar Frequently Asked Questions...
Webinar # 5 - Pathology Coding/Billing for Dermatology
In addition to the 1-hour webinar and comprehensive handout, attendees of the live events will be able so submit Q&A for up to 7 days after the event. Live event attendees will also receive 1.0 CEU from the AAPC. Registered attendee of the recorded sessions must answer a 10-question quiz to receive CEUs.
The speaker for this event is Karl M. Ellzey,CDC, President and Founder of Ellzey Coding Solutions
Who should attend?
This webinar is perfect for all staff including: providers, billing staff, practice administrators, nursing staff, medical assistants, and compliance officers!
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Choice of sessions: Live 10:30am or 4:00pm Eastern Time (Florida time) or Recorded Session
Attendees of either live session will also receive a link to the recording (after the event). This recording will be viewable for up to one year to share with staff/providers at your office!
Program Length: Approximately 60 minutes
The Pathology Codes Explained
- 88302 vs. 88304 vs. 88305 (and other common path codes)
- Frozen Sections (88331/88332)
- Special Stains (88312-88319, etc.)
- Immunohistochemistry (88342/88341)
- Outside Pathology Consultations (88321)
Pathology Coding/Billing Do’s and Don’ts
- Pathology modifiers 26, TC, 91
- Holding claims pending pathology results… when is it necessary?
- Units for number of specimens vs. number of tissue pieces
- Billing in units vs. separate lines
- MUEs and unit limits
- Place of Service
- Ordering vs. referring providers
- Purchased services and anti-markup regulations
- Billing Medicare vs. Commercial Carrier
- Which diagnosis to bill for pathology
- D48.5 vs. D49.2
- CLIA requirements
Pathology Problems & Misconceptions
This webinar includes:
- TC denial problems when patient seen at Hospital or SNF on same DOS
- Pathology billing for nonphysician practitioners (NPs, PAs)
- Controversy… Which Date of Service for Pathology? (specimen collection date vs. date slide read)
- Splitting claims for in-house and outside lab on same DOS
- Mohs and pathology
- Billing biopsy/frozen sections prior to Mohs
- Confirmatory Pathology after Mohs… the big taboo!
- 60-minute live webinar or recording from actual live event (after it's over!)
- 50+ page detailed handout to follow-along the webinar and to use as a reference afterwards. Not just an outline or copy of the slides!
- Registered attendee will be provided a web-link after the webinar to re-watch and share with staff/providers after the live event (viewable for up to 1 year). Viewable on PCs, Macs, or tablets
- Q&A related to the webinar topics may be submitted for up to 7 days after the live event.
- A summary of compiled Q&A will be sent to all attendees (live and recorded)
- 1.0 CEU from AAPC will automatically be awarded to registered attendee of each live session
- 1.0 CEU from AAPC will be awarded to the registered attendee of recorded sessions upon completion (passing) of a 10-question quiz
- Only 1 CEU per registered attendee.