Click here for Webinar Frequently Asked Questions...
Whether your purchase services from an outside lab, read your own slides, or have an in-house dermatopathology lab, you'll want to attend this webinar!
Webinar # 5 - Dermatology Pathology Coding/Billing
Registration Fee: $169.00
Date: Recorded Live, Wednesday, March 28, 2018
This recording will be viewable for up to one year to share with staff/providers at your office!
We'll cover everything from the basics of pathology coding, to the common problems and pitfalls that plague most dermatology practices that bill for pathology. Make sure you are coding correctly and submitting claims accurately to get paid and stay compliant. We'll also explain the differences between billing to Medicare and billing to commercial carriers. Attendees will have much clearer understanding on the right way to handle pathology billing in the derm practice!
Lastly, we'll cover common problems and denial issues associated with pathology billing and how to resolve them... If you get pathology TC denials when the patient was seen in the hospital or ER on the same day, we'll tell you how to fight it and get paid!
In addition to the 75-minute webinar and comprehensive handout, attendees of the live events will be able so submit Q&A for up to 7 days after the event. Live event attendees will also receive 1.0 CEU from the AAPC. Registered attendee of the recorded sessions must answer a 10-question quiz to receive CEUs.
The speaker for this event is Karl M. Ellzey,CDC, President and Founder of Ellzey Coding Solutions
Who should attend?
This webinar is perfect for all staff including: providers, billing staff, practice administrators, nursing staff, medical assistants, and compliance officers!
Program Length: Approximately 60 minutes
The Pathology Codes Explained
- Documenting that you sent to path
- 88300 - Gross Examination
- 88302 vs. 88304 vs. 88305 (and other common path codes)
- Frozen Sections (88331/88332)
- Special Stains (88312-88319, etc.)
- Immunohistochemistry (88342/88341/88344)
- Outside Pathology Consultations (88321/88323)
Pathology Coding/Billing Do’s and Don’ts
- Units for number of specimens vs. number of tissue pieces
- Billing in units vs. separate lines
- MUEs and claim limits
- Holding claims pending pathology results… when is it necessary?
- Which DX to use on path and/or procedure
- D48.5 vs. D49.2 misconceptions
- Billing Medicare vs. Commercial Carriers
- Why you should be careful about purchasing services
- Purchased services, anti-markup regulations, direct billing and disclosure laws
- Checklist of items need on Path claim
- Pathology modifiers 26, TC, 91
- Place of Service
- Ordering vs. referring vs. rendering providers
- Service Facility/Supplier requirements
- CLIA requirements
- Sample claims
Pathology Problems & Misconceptions
This webinar includes:
- TC denial problems when patient seen at Hospital or SNF on same DOS
- DOS Controversy… Which Date of Service for Pathology? (specimen collection date vs. date slide read)
- Mohs and Frozen Sections
- Mohs and 88304/88305
- Mohs and Special Stains
- Confirmatory Pathology after Mohs… the big taboo!
- Splitting claims for in-house and outside lab on same DOS
- Consultations and Special Stains
- 75-minute recording of live webinar from 3/28
- 55+ page detailed handout to follow-along the webinar and to use as a reference afterwards. Not just an outline or copy of the slides!
- Registered attendee will be provided a web-link after the webinar to re-watch and share with staff/providers after the live event (viewable for up to 1 year). Viewable on PCs, Macs, or tablets
- A summary of compiled Q&A will be sent to all attendees (live and recorded)
- 1.0 CEU from AAPC will be awarded to the registered attendee of recorded sessions upon completion (passing) of a 10-question quiz
- Only 1 CEU per registered attendee.